The National Korean American Service & Education Consortium (NAKASEC) is seeking a hard-working and talented individual to serve as the Policy Manager. The position is located in Washington, DC. The NAKASEC national office is located in Los Angeles, CA with affiliates in Los Angeles and Chicago.
• Lead legislative and policy advocacy activities related to immigrant rights and civil rights issues.
• Be a part of a team that develops grassroots mobilizing campaigns that includes components of organizing, communications, and education.
• Lead and participate in on-going advocacy efforts to promote policies and legislation of importance to immigrant, Korean American, and Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.
• Research and analysis on relevant policy issues
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with relevant organizational and institutional partners nationally and locally.
• Work closely with and provide technical assistance & program support to NAKASEC affiliates.
• Coordinate and oversee certain fundraising activities related to the project including grant reports and fundraisers.
• Oversee the publication of relevant public education materials.
• Public speaking at conferences and events.
• Coordinate relevant media & publicity efforts.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years experience working community issues and/or civic participation initiatives. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work independently, think creatively and prioritize multiple tasks. Demonstrated track record of working collaboratively in local-national partnerships and/or with multi-ethnic or multi-sector communities.
Desired Qualifications: Experience in policy advocacy, research, and community organizing strongly preferred. Experience developing campaigns and strategic planning an asset. Fluency in the Korean language preferred, but not required.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary history and requirement to Jeong Yeon Hong, Director of Community Education & Administration, NAKASEC, 900 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. NAKASEC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full health, dental, vision and life insurance.
NAKASEC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
For more information: please visit our website at www.nakasec.org.